Accounts Receivable Specialist
Committed to excellence, we are currently looking for a high-quality individual to join our team as Accounts Receivable Specialist.
Purpose of the role:
1. Manage cash received from customers and apply to the open invoices as per the remittance advices timely and accurately, with consistent, measurable compliance with the corporate policies governing Accounts Receivable.
2. Ensure that all customer open balances for assigned business units are regularly monitored, payments are received accurately and timely and invoice disputes are resolved within defined deadlines.
3. Continuously focus on process improvements, growth in efficiency, and partner with other team members to expedite projects driven by these goals.
– Post incoming payments received from customers to the Accounts Receivable ledger and allocate them to the relevant customer accounts and invoices in accordance with customer remittance advice details
– Produce unapplied cash reports and unidentified cash reports, investigate and resolve unapplied and unidentified cash items where remittance details are missing
– Process approved refund requests, write-off requests and adjustment journals to the bad debt provision
– Analyze customer accounts and monitor list of open balances, delayed payments and other divergences
– Prepare and distribute customer account statements and dunning letters in coordination with established Account Receivable schedules in accordance with policies and procedures as assigned by specific role definition
– Contact customers to collect and allocate incoming payments and help to resolve invoice discrepancies
– Interact with division personnel (sales, customer care, department heads, etc.) for routine customer process-related matters.
– Answer Customer inquiries within one business day whenever possible, or make allowance to refer caller to another associate.
– Cross-train with personnel in other functional areas, as required.
– Notify Accounts Receivable Manager of any unusual Accounts Receivable activity.
– Other special projects as assigned.
Personality requirements and skils:
– Accounts Receivable experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment is a plus
– Working knowledge of current versions of Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
– Knowledge of accounting practices directly related to Accounts Receivable processing
– Written and oral fluency in English
– Written and oral fluency in one of the European languages (German, Swedish, Norwegian, Finish, Spanish, French, Dutch) is a plus
– Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Motivated self-starter with strong organization and multi-tasking abilities